Development Finance Services include:
- Discuss overall plan for rehab or new construction. Offer suggestions regarding unit number, mix, level of rehabilitation, accessibility, possible “Green” features etc., to create the most competitive tax credit application, and, ultimately, the best development possible.
- Prepare a construction Proforma including identification of soft monies and grants.
- Work with client on operating budget.
- Prepare and submit, with client’s assistance, applications for tax credits, grants and other soft financing.
- Compare letters of intent from potential equity partners to negotiate the best possible terms for our clients. This, of course, includes price, but also other requirements and guarantees our clients may or may not be familiar with.
- Work with local lenders, or lenders of our client’s choice, to secure construction financing.
- Work closely with Rural Development, HUD, and the Office of Native American Programs (ONAP) to ensure deal structure does not conflict with existing programs or Tribal Laws.